Unicode language character

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:43:33 +0200
To: "WAI Interest Group (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I remember having read somewhere that there is a proposed Unicode
character for specifying the language of a block of text. Does anybody
know anything about this? (I may be misinformed ...)

If it *is* true, then I think it's interesting from an accessibility
perspective. We'll finally be able to change language in the middle
of attributes (e.g. in the 'alt' attribute). Any thoughts on this?

Karl Ove Hufthammer