Unicode language character

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:43:33 +0200
To: "WAI Interest Group (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I remember having read somewhere that there is a proposed Unicode
character for specifying the language of a block of text. Does anybody
know anything about this? (I may be misinformed ...)

If it *is* true, then I think it's interesting from an accessibility
perspective. We'll finally be able to change language in the middle
of attributes (e.g. in the 'alt' attribute). Any thoughts on this?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer