Re: Questions about TABLE SUMMARY element

From: Taylor-Made <taymade@home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 17:47:28 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
~~In theory I think the limit for the size of an element including all
attribute content is 32k (i.e. very big) but in practise I would suggest
keeping it shorter. Given that the summary attribute isn't available on many
of the current generation of browsers, you might also consider using a
caption element instead - that is rendered by nearly everything.

cheers

Charles McCN~~

I agree.  I am not sure how long you can make it, but I have always found it
good practice to keep it short and to the point.  I'd certainly keep it to a
small to medium sized sentence.

Joyce
She perceived that her merchandise is good, and her candle goeth not out by
night.
Proverbs 31:18