VoiceXML

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 23:59:03 -0700
To: "WAI Interest Group \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello all,

I am doing a research paper (due in a week) for a class on computational
linguistics. The subject of my paper is VoiceXML. I'd like to include a
discussion of the importance of VoiceXML wrt accessibility. I would
appreciate help from any interested parties. I am interested in the
following:

1. URI's of related sites/documents. I've searched all of voicexml.org and
have downloaded the IBM voice server kit (more on this below). None of this
talks about accessibility (unless I've missed something).

2. URI's of any related beta software I can test. I've already got the IBM
voice server.

3. OPINIONS. Got one? Tell me what you think and if it's useful, I'll quote
you in my paper.

4. Anything else you think would be of help.

Re the IBM voice server, I've heard it works on Windows 2000, but it refuses
to install on my computer (my system "fails" the prereqs). I'm running W2K
advanced server. Anyone else get this to work?

Thanks in advance for any help. Please feel free to respond off-list if your
comments don't relate to accessibility.

Charles Munat,
Seattle, Washington