Re: Legal Guidelines

At 11:58 AM -0400 5/05/2000, Kathleen Anderson wrote:
>Hi Michael:
>The answer to your third question is 'yes', FrontPage does produce
>pages that are not compliant with accessibility guidelines.
>Two examples:
>it does not include DOCTYPE at the beginning of your pages, and it
>does not add alt text (or even 'suggest' that you should) when you
>place an image on your page.

The first example would be a priority 2 violation under WCAG, and
lack of ALT text is a priority 1 under WCAG.  However, we should
probably judge FrontPage by the Authoring Tool Accessibility
Guidelines...and I can't remember if anyone's done a review of
FP yet.

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/