RE: How accessible are Microsoft Agents?

From: Steve Donie <sdonie@zycor.lgc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 09:38:51 -0500
To: "'Sheela Sethuraman'" <ssethuraman@cast.org>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I do not think that MSAA is currently implemented in Microsoft Agent, but it
was something the Accessibility and Disabilities Group talked about with
them, and I think they are working on it. Send mail to Tandy Trower - I
think he is in charge of the project tandyt@microsoft.com, I think. Of
course, for someone using a screenreader, Agent shouldn't be a problem -
they speak what is shown on the screen - so the only problem is if you're
using a software based synthesizer - sometimes it is difficult for two
applications to use the sound card at the same time.

Steve Donie (ex MSAA developer)