Transparent replacement "Valid HTML 4x" buttons

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:39:46 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Cc: "Web Accessibility Initiative" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Attached are my meticulously hand-crafted replacements for the "W3C Valid
HTML 4".
(1) White bar behind red check mark on right replaced with a transparent
color.
(2) Only uses 216 color safety palette.  Original 256 colors trimmed down to
16!
(3) File size dramatically reduced from, about 2.5k to less than .75k!
(4) Anti-aliasing defeated.  I think this makes the letters easier to read,
but I welcome feedback.  IMHO, anti-aliasing only makes sense for larger
fonts and not the tiny ones used in buttons.

I have not had a chance to work on the WCAG badges.

Graphics can be readily downloaded from URL:
http://www.dors.state.md.us/images/

vh40.gif
(image/gif attachment: vh40.gif)

vh401.gif