RE: Seeking guidance...

This is a late response, so may be a bit off to one side...

The analogy works like this: Some people move a pointer around with a
mouse. When the pointer is on an active object, that can be activated,
typically with a click. From the keyboard people move a focus from element to
element, and when the focus is on an active element that can be activated,
typically by pressing the return / enter key, or an arrow.

cheers

charles mccn

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Bruce Bailey wrote:

  > Using IE, I can tab between selectable objects.
  > But, the object is not activated until I hit enter.

  Right, and the onFocus/onMouseOver script SHOULD occur when you TAB (and NOT
  require you to press enter).  This IS what happens when you use the
  keyboard.  In order for the onFocus to be triggered by the mouse, however,
  one must click (select) the item with the onFocus attribute.  This is NOT
  like onMouseOver!  This is NOT the modality users have come to expect!