RE: Request for site review

David,
Progress is measured many different ways.  Certainly, from a dial-up point
of view, the new Sailor home page will be found to be counter productive.  I
expect that user base to speak up for themselves.  You and I can be pleased
that Sailor and MEC both routinely consider accessibility, even as we can
understand that the issue is not their primary concern.  Does MEC still have
a note about the accessibility of their links?  I too like both websites,
but from a citizen of Maryland point of view, they fall short in terms of
real utility.  Compare what we have to, oh, http://www.state.ct.us (yeah
Kathleen)!  Mind you, I don't have any real concrete suggestions as to how
to improve things, I just know that *I* have trouble using either resource
effectively, so I imagine most folks have a hard time.  Typically, the thing
I am looking for just aren't there.  Designing useful portals is tough work.