Best practice

From: Lynn Alford <Lynn.Alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:20:02 +1000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Here at James Cook University, we are redeveloping our web site (isn't
everyone?)  The design preferred includes left-side navigation links.

So my question for the group is what is the best way to implement such
links?  Have you found a particularly accessible site?  Should we implement
in style sheets or as tables (I prefer style sheets, the info tech guys are
arguing that doesn't cater for older browser.

I'm playing around with this as an idea

http://www.tld.jcu.edu.au/develop/jcuproto/asd_lynn/asdplan.html (only page
redone with style sheets so far)

Others think it should be more like http://www.jcu.edu.au/newsite/asd/
URL of accessible left-hand navigation sites are welcome.

Lynn
--
Teaching & Learning Development 	Tel 	(07) 47 81 5525
ACADEMIC SUPPORT DIVISION 	Fax:  	(07) 47 81 4018