Re: Search Engine Help

From: Brian Kelly <lisbk@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:57:45 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Kynn,
> Do you know if the search engine on Microsoft Site Server is friendly
> screen readers?
> Cynthia D. Waddell

Hi Cynthia
   We have been doing some work with the Microsoft Site Server search
engine in our Exploit Interactive web magazine.  We have just released a
Dublin Core-aware search facility, which provides searching across
various areas of the magazine (e.g. issue 1, Regular Features, articles
about projects funded by the European Union).
   The search facility is available at
   A description of the architecture is available at
   Although this type of search interface can be implemented using a
backend database, the advantage of using a standard such as Dublin Core
is that the data can be reused by remote applications.
   I'd be interested to hear if there are any accessibility problems
with the interface.

Brian Kelly, UK Web Focus
UKOLN, University of Bath, BATH, England, BA2 7AY
Email:  b.kelly@ukoln.ac.uk     URL:    http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/
Homepage: http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/b.kelly.html
Phone:  01225 323943            FAX:   01225 826838