RE: General Input Model

Dear Len,

I think you are correct.  I guess that is part of what I am rebelling
against:  that rather than being "device independent/neutral", focus really
has been defined to mean "keyboard focus".  This is a shame.  Is it
unrealistic to hope that if there is an HTML 4.02 (I am guessing that there
will NOT be) that this would get corrected?

> Also (now don't laugh) there can be interfaces with two pointing devices.
> There was work on that at Xerox Parc some years back
> I believe, for two handed interfaces which were really rather cool.

That sounds very intriguing.  After all, when at a physical work bench, most
people use two hands -- so why not two mice!

Seriously, this could be a significant improvement.  I don't know about you,
but my computer workstation was apparently designed for someone with THREE
arms.  I keep two hands poised over the home row of my keyboard and my third
hand rests on the mouse.  Very efficient.

Cheers,
Bruce B.