Re: learning HTML

From: <Linkduster@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:50:26 EDT
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I agree with Joyce.  But until then, stressing learning at least the basics
of HTML should be de rigeur -- and should be done at the elementary school
level.  When my 23-year old was beginning on computers in 1st grade, he was
learning BASIC.  When my 18-year old was a Freshman in HS, the required
computer course was how to open and use a word processing and spreadsheet
program.

Having school programs require other courses, such as WYSIWYG programs with
accessibility built in, may be the quickest way to get software developed (by
text book companies) that meets these criteria.

gayley knight