Re: Screen readers and simple data tables

From: Steven McCaffrey <smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 07:20:15 -0400
To: <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, <jim@jimthatcher.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Yes, but please keep in mind that not all of us
have the same screen reader nor even the latest version of the same screen reader.
Screen reader and screen reader version independence is at least as important as browser and browser version independence.
If universal design is indeed going to be universal, this must be kept in mind.

Steve McCaffrey
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Information Technology Services
New York State Department of Education
New York State Workgroup on Accessibility to Information Technology
Web Design Subcommittee

>>> "Paul Bohman" <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu> 04/06/00 07:36PM >>>
I appreciate the time that you (and others) took to detail the use of the
screen reader within tables. Apparently there is more to today's screen
readers than I had initially supposed. Which is VERY good news, by the way.

Paul Bohman