Re: Request for help on a project

Hasan,

If the best resources are examples then I suggest you look at the way that
http://www.rachelmello.com is put together - the noframes implementation
there I think shows what sort of thing is required.

An alternative is an old bit of tutorial stuff I wrote at
http://www.iii.rmit.edu.au/~charles/tuts/FRAMES.HTM (incidentally I would
appreciate any feedback on that material - I know it has a number of bugs but
I am starting to update it at last.

The basic idea is to put links in the noframes area to the important parts of
the site, so people can navigate from there to the content. In addition,
having navigation structures at the bottom of each content page will make the
site much nicer to use. You can place these inside a noframes element and
they should not be rendered by a browser that renders frames.

Cheers

Charles McCN

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, HASAN KHIMJEE wrote:

  We are making a gift website and want to make it fully accessible. The site
  does have frames and we were considering a 'no frames' version until I saw
  the below from Charles McCathieNevile :

  >An alternative approach would be to keep the framed version, and >provide
  >decent alt text for the navigation buttons, basic navigation >in the pages
  >themselves (at the bottom of hte page, for example) and >have the
  >navigation links and introduction text in the noframes >section of the
  >frameset.

  >Finally, I am not sure why you link to a text-only version. I found >no
  >reason why there needed to be a seperate version of the site - >any
  >problems could easily be corrected on the main version.

  If anyone could point us to resources that can help us achieve the above it
  would be a great help.

  Regards

  Hasan Khimjee