RE: SMIL Validation

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:35:43 -0500
To: "'Charles McCathieNevile'" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "'Web Accessibility Initiative'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I love the Internet!  Many thanks to Larry Bouthillier, author of
"Synchronized Multimedia On The Web" at URL:

The answer is that:
	<video src=""
should instead be:
	<video src="rtsp://"

RealPlayer media does REQUIRES a streaming server, which is quite an
expensive product.  Since I want to experiment with smil files, I need
public files that are hosted by someone else!

Can anyone point me to a RealPlayer file that has an offline transcript
available (but not real time captioning)?  I want to try my hand at making
good my claim that synchronized captioning is not that hard!

I am still trying to figure out how to suppress the "videoregion" if one is
trying merely to produce real time caption of an audio-only broadcast.