Re: SMIL Validation (was RE: Captions for audio clips)

Hi, Bruce:

I am curious to know what CAR file you used as a source, as there are a couple available.  Also, there is at least one kludge built into the CAR.SMI file:  the textregion contains a negative number:

<region id="textregion" top="135" left="-37" height="120" width="250"/> </layout>

which is necessary due to a bug in the G2 Player's ability to center text properly.  This will definitely screw up a validation report.  Can you send me the report?  Thanks.

FYI, the text file used for the captions is a RealText file, which is proprietary to RealNetworks.  That will also not validate properly.

Geoff Freed
WGBH/NCAM