Re: Fwd: Web Help Needed

there is an html designers list too but right now, I can't seem to find
it in my addressbook.  I am not certain how the answers will reach this
person, but I have none for what he wants but what seems to me obvious
but is not a road he wants to take.

Peter Altschul wrote:

>         Could someone help with this?
>
> (Please don't respond to me.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Altschul
> >From: "Ray and Karyn Campbell" <farmboy@concentric.net>
> >To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;@concentric.net;;;;;>
> >Subject: Web Help Needed
> >Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:52:23 -0600
> >Sender: acb-l-request@telepath.com
> >
> >+== acb-l Message from "Ray and Karyn Campbell" <farmboy@concentric.net> ==+
> >All:
> >
> >I need some help with getting something onto a web page.
> >
> >I'm trying to get the Illinois Council of the Blind's Quartly newsletter,
> >"The Illinois Braille Messenger" up onto the web.  What I was given is a
> >large file that was saved into html from MS Word 97.  What I want to do is
> >take the existing table of contents located at the top of this file which
> >has various titles in it and turn those titles into links to the applicable
> >sections of the file so that a user reading the publication can jump
> >directly to whatever he or she wants to read.
> >
> >I have tried using both Frontpage Express and Microsoft Word Web Authoring
> >tools to do this.  Also at the end of each article in the publication, I
> >want to have a link returning the user to the table of contents.
> >
> >I have several questions:
> >1.  Which do you feel is better for what I am trying to do, Frontpage
> >Express, MS Word Web Authoring Tools, or is there something else?  For right
> >now, I will be using Web Authoring tools.  Keep this in mind for the
> >remainder of my questions.
> >2.  How do I make each entry in the table of contents into a link?
> >Specifically, how do I put in a location in the file that I want to jump to
> >and use a more descriptive name in the table of contents?  For example, one
> >of the links I have I want to say "FROM THE EDITOR" to a person browsing the
> >page.  What do I have to do to make my link to say "%FROM_THE_EDITOR" and
> >have the "FROM THE EDITOR" appear on screen without the "#" sign And "_"
> >characters?
> >3.  What word command(s) do I use to put a name to a file location?  For
> >example, at the place where the "FROM THE EDITOR" article starts, I need to
> >put an anchor in so the browser knows where the user wants to jump to if
> >that link is clicked?
> >4.  Perhaps it would be better to use two frames for this application, with
> >the left frame being the table of contents and the right frame being the
> >display area for whatever article the user clicks on.  How do I set up
> >frames with Web Authoring tools?
> >5.  If I cannot do this with web authoring tools, what tools work best with
> >Window-Eyes?  Frontpage Express does not seem to be very accessible in
> >Window-eyes and I'm contact GW Micro about this.  Is there something better,
> >though?
> >
> >Thanks for any help you can provide.  I will be anxious to see your answers
> >as I dig deeper and deeper into the worl of web mastering.

> [...]

Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet
ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman
http://poehlman.clark.net
mailto:poehlman@clark.net
voice 301-949-7599
Dynamic Solutions Inc.
Best of Service for your small business network needs
http://www.dnsolutions.com