Re: Re: How Much Of A Problem Are Tables Used for Design?

Dear Gregory,

You make the very appropriate allusion to the civil rights movement.  At this
point, we do have to choose our battles carefully.  Thirty years ago would someone
like Jesse Jackson be picketing the punishment some students received for fighting
at football game?  Our situation is similar.  At this point, arguing for "no
tables for layout" is a time consuming losing argument.  I would bet that in three
year this fight would make sense, but not now.

In the meantime, Netscape Navigator IS loosing a LOT of "mind share" because,
among other reasons,  of its poor support of CSS and html 4 in general.

You are also quite correct that putting together inexpensive (DOS based) computers
for the blind is non-trivial, I was not trying to argue otherwise.  I did NOT mean
to make it sound easy!  If I ever leave public service to join the military
industrial complex, you can be sure I will volunteer some of my time to do things
like that.  For now, doing that kind of work on the side feels too much like what
I do for my job!

Bruce

Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:

> aloha, bruce!
>
> to address some of your comments upon my comments...

[snip]