How Much Of A Problem Are Tables Used for Design?

From: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:11:46 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi All,

There has been a great deal of discussion about the use of tables and the
problems they cause for people who are blind when used for design purposes.
 I'm speaking strictly here of tables used for design, not to contain
tabular data.

I'm wondering how much of a problem such pages pose for folks who are
blind?  The browsing combinations I use all decolumnize these types of
pages in some fashion.  These include Lynx, Home Page Reader, Internet
Explorer with either JFW 3.31 or Window-Eyes 3.1.

Kelly