RE: single browser intranets

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:25:55 -0400
To: W3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 02:11 PM 10/26/1999 -0700, Scott Luebking wrote:
>Suppose that a company buys JAWS for one blind employee who works
>well on the intranet with it.  The company hires a second blind employee
>who only uses lynx and refuses to use JAWS.  Is the intranet
>accessible or not?
Seems to me that if the new employee "refuses" to use what is available
rather than is "unable" to use it, the employer would be in a good position
to "refuse" further employment to that employee. The same would happen if a
non-disabled employee "refused" to use IE instead of Netscape, Windows
instead of Lynx, etc.

Anne L. Pemberton
Enabling Support Foundation