Re: single browser intranets

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
cc: poehlman@clark.net, sweetent@home.com, unagi69@concentric.net, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I agree that students would prefer interaction to text. The flip side is that
students will vastly prefer text to not being able to use essential or
important course materials.

Charles

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Scott Luebking wrote:

  Hi, Charles
[snip]
  An area I'm slowly seeing more happening is the web page not just
  providing content, but also being used as a more flexible/sophisticated
  interface.  My suspicion is that students in long distance learning
  situations will be wanting more interaction and less just reading
  pages of text.

  Scott

  PS  I think that there needs to be some work with OCR on these subtlties.