RE: San Francisco State University and the ADA

Argh!  From reading this article, I learned that Maryland (my home state)
is involved in this nonsense too!  This is the first I have heard of this.

If anyone finds other URLs (or, God forbid, print references) on this,
please CC the list!

On Saturday, October 16, 1999 12:44 PM, Scott Luebking
[SMTP:phoenixl@netcom.com] wrote:
> Hi, Kynn
>
> Here's what I pulled off a mailing list.
>
> Scott
>
>> SFSU has filed a response to a physical access lawsuit
>> claiming the ADA is unconstitutional - claiming that
>> the govt. has no right to protect the civil rights of
>> persons with disabilities.
>
>                   There is a very good article in the on-line version of
> Ragged Edge at: http://www.ragged-edge-mag.com/extra/edgextratitl2.htm
that
> details some cases that other states are filing to have the ADA declared
> "unconstitutional" and interesting case claiming " states are immune from
> lawsuits under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act".
>                 Obviously this has broad ramifications, not only in
access
> issues, but also in things like health service issues.  For example, the
one
> of the premises of many of the cases is that under the constitution
> individuals cannot sue a state -- and if that hold up well suits against
DHS