Interesting new information tool

From: Rich Caloggero <rich@accessexpressed.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:02:55 -0400
To: "'wai list'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Has anyone seen/used this? Looks like a great thing for those with usable
vision. For those of us without, oh well, too bad! Seems to me that the
phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" needs to be updated for the
information age -- "a picture is worth a million words". Even if
information gathering intelligent software agents existed which could
digest and "understand" the glut of information out there, how can blind
people ever get a "picture" of it?

					Rich

companyname: Cartia
email: david@cartia.com
state: CA
city: Oxnard

Request: Cartia has developed a unique interface to large
collections of information. Our clients are primarily Fortune 1000
corporations. The browser-based interface can be used at
www.newsmaps.com and a more general description of our
company and product, called ThemeScape, can be found at
www.cartia.com.