Accessibility of Amaya browser/editor

From: Victor Tsaran <vtsaran@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hello, listers!
Yesterday, while in search of an accessible WWW composing tool,
I came across Amaya from the www.w3.org. Wow, I thought to my
self, this must be the most accessible and HTML4.0-valid
browser/editor. I downloaded the executable for Win95 and began
testing. My surprise was, however, that while Amaya was
HTML-correct, it wasn't that accessible at all.
Here are some of the accessibility issues I encountered:

1. the status line doesn't show enough information to provide
the VIP user about hapening on the screen. For instance, if I
create a table, I need to know which cell I am in and the most
basic table properties of my table.

2. Amaya would open these little windows for each action I was
doing. Say, I wanted to highlight a part of text and create a
hyperlink. When I selected Create a Link from the menu, there
was no indication of where that link should be written.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on my challenge.
Thanks,
Victor

=====
Hi, visit me at: