Re: Accessibility of PDF documents

The is an accessibility plug-in to make some kinds of text in a PDF
documents for the Windows 4.x acrobat reader accessible to assistive
technologies.  The plug in provides a text only view of the PDF document.

http://www.adobe.com/

Jon

At 02:05 PM 10/6/99 -0700, Christine A. Quinn wrote:
>Hi, all-
>
>I apologize if this has been discussed on this list before, but I need
>to know if PDF documents can ever be considered accessible.
>Are there means for speaking browsers to read these, for instance?
>
>I did peruse the W3C site and found two links to documents
>about PDFs but both links were bad (one was to yuri.org, the
>other to adobe.com).
>
>Thanks for any tips.
>
>christine
>Christine A. Quinn
>Sr. Web Developer
>Stanford MediaWorks (formerly Multimedia/Video Production)
>Wilbur Modules C9
>650 723-9645 Fax:723-8453

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group