Re: Monitor Size

From: Marlene Bruce <marlene@amazingmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:01:13 -0400
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, Joan Piroch <d4951@sccoast.net>, "Neff, Robert" <Robert.Neff@usmint.treas.gov>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
If you're using a constrained width table, I would recommend no wider than
590 (this also accommodates an audience which likes to print your pages).
For a relevant discussion, please see:
"640 x 480 Isn't Dead Just Yet"

I'm curious if there are downsides to variable (percentage) width tables.
I've used them (usually maxed to 95%), to accommodate each person's
preferred text and browser window sizes.

P.S. I'm new here, and I don't know if this forum is a place where design
issues are discussed. I don't want to continue a thread which might be
considered irrelevant to the topics of this list, so if I have, please
excuse me.