Re: make Macromedia Flash Accessible

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:30:20 -0400 (EDT)
To: Robert Neff <robneff@home.com>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Actually the way to do this in HTML is to use the OBJECT element, with a
cascade that allows you to put something more useful than a simpe alt
element.

In fact a SMIL presentation is probably more accessible than flash - there
are several players, including open-source stuff and the Real Networks G2
player. But you can put that into an object cascade along with the flash
version, a quicktime movie (there are circumstances where that is a good
alternative) and a number of other versions...

Charles McCN