Re: examples of accessible e-commerce sites

From: Robert Neff <robneff@home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:21:37 -0700
To: <pmcnall3@csc.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
none that i am aware.  however the U.S Mint will be investing in a major
redesign of their e-commerce web site, http://www.usmint.gov/catalog,  to
include the general web site, www.usmint.gov.   Last month there was a press
release where we did over seven million dollars in sales for July and we are
increasing exponentialy

We are currently making a minor revision to the e-commerce web site that has
some patches but we need to get our people up to speed and trained.  We also
will be building a quality assurance team to support thisand other efforts.

To my knowledge there are no site that use Cascading Style Sheets for
e-business and we will not use Cascading Style Sheets for a long while on
the internet.  Our customer base is very large and uses so many different
types of browsers.  Plus we know that Cascading Style Sheets causes major
problems for certain browsers.

So the redesign is going to be a challenge, because we use rely on small
fonts.  This allows us to put make more content easily scannable for sighted
users.  This also permits customers to see more on one page, when properly
laid out.  Therefore, we are faced with compliance to HTML where fonts size
and other attributes are deprecated.  This means a challenge when
implementing double-A conformance level.

rob