From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Joel Sanda
Sent: Friday, September 03, 1999 4:58 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Statistics on Blind & Visually Impaired Web Users

Kynn & Gregory;

Thanks for the quick responses. I have been doing a lot of research on
accessible web design for my company, and was just saying how I bet there
are more blind and visually impaired users than Mac users on the Internet -
according to the OS and browser stats at http://www.StatMarket.com.

Well...I was asked to back that assertion up by a manager. <GULP> I don't
know how accurate the self-reported figures at GVU are, but they the only
ones I've seen so far.

It sure would be a boost to accessible web design efforts if we had a good
source of these figures!

Again, thanks for the quick replies.

Regards;

Joel Sanda