Re: x-disability comms, was How to describe Flowcharts, Schematics, etc

From: Steven McCaffrey <smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:28:17 -0400
To: kasday@acm.org, karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov, smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOVATinternet, jay@peepo.com, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Jonathan, Len:
Yes, I agree, a worthwhile question.
I'll have to check to make sure images are turned on - I didn't even think about it.
Is it the case in general that if I hear an alt description, the images are turned off?  I'm fairly sure Lynx excludes pictures but Iin Internet Explorer you have to check or uncheck an images box.  Do I have this right?

-Steve

------
Steven McCaffrey
Information Technology Services