Re: x-disability comms, was How to describe Flowcharts, Schematics, etc

Good point on need to support collaboration.

For example, if a sighted and a blind individual are sitting at the same
comptuter, they need simultaneous access.  So if you have a
browser/screenreader setup that forces the user to turn off images to get
the ALT text, that's a problem when a blind and a sighted person are
working together in front of a computer.

That's a pretty simple example.  What other types of collaboration barriers
are there that specifically affect people with disabilities?

Len

At 08:23 AM 8/27/99 +0100, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
>This is important.
>
>The benefits of considering people as individuals is that those people who
>have difficulty cooperating (collaborating) like me, dont get excluded.
>
>It is important to look at ways that failure to collaborate might lead to
>exclusion.
>
>How many people does it need to run a (corporate) website?
>

>jay@peepo.com
>
>a www for those learning to read.
>
>Please send us links to your favourite websites.
>Our site www.peepo.com is a drive thru.
>When you see a link of interest, click on it.
>Move the mouse to slow down.
>It is a graphical aid to browsing the www.
>We value your comments.

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)