Re: color orange

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:00:12 +0100
To: "jonathan chetwynd" <jay@peepo.com>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>, "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
In a word YES.

A wonderful and powerful gold can be produced from a juxtaposition of muddy
browns.....

on the Physics, Orange is near anti-cyan so in theory it should be very
pure, evidently our real phosphors don't quite make it. This is a real
problem as I understand our eyes are adapted to be especially reactive to
orange.

I had not read of this as a known problem, and believe it deserves a wider
audience.
Do try and make a rainbow, its difficult.

Also representation of faces is not helped by safe colors, ethnic minorities
are also effected.

As you will find I have decided to avoid programming this year and
concentrate on atmosphere.
Icons have great uses but not communicating non physical concepts.
Though these can be learnt, my/web interests/browsing preclude this.
jay@peepo.com

a www for those learning to read.

Please send us links to your favourite websites.
Our site www.peepo.com is a drive thru.
When you see a link of interest, click on it.
Move the mouse to slow down.
It is a graphical aid to browsing the www.
We value your comments.