Re: Can end users turn off CSS?

From: Mitake Holloman Burts <mitake.97@alum.dartmouth.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:09:08 -0400
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 11:46 AM 8/11/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>The problem seems to be a bug in Netscape. Users can turn off style sheets -
>select the menu sequence Edit - Preferences - Advanced and then turn off the
>"Enable Style Sheets" Button.

Sigh. I feel quite silly now. I could have sworn I looked there once I
figured out the style sheets were causing the problem. Guess I was
flustered by the "IT DOESN'T WORK" message from my user.

>(There are a number of browsers out there with
>better CSS support - Amaya, Explorer, Opera, and others. I believe the
>support in Mozilla will also be much better, although I have not tried to
>play with it in the current builds, although my experience is that they are
>stable enough to use as a browser.)

Unfortunatly telling my users which browsers to use isn't really an option,
but I'll try to keep them in mind.

Mitake Holloman Burts