research on moving images

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 14:03:54 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
The guidelines state that

"Movement can also cause such a distraction that the rest of the page
becomes unreadable for people with cognitive disabilities."

(http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#gl-movement)

I've heard this from enough people I trust that I personally believe it.
However, I've just been asked by someone--who I've asked to follow this
guideline--to show him published research that substantiates it.  It's a
fair question I think.

Does anyone know of such research?

Len
-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)