Re: Review request

From: ADAM GUASCH-MELENDEZ <ADAM.GUASCH@EEOC.GOV>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 13:10:45 -0500
To: crism@oreilly.com, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I validated everything first, then added in the RDF material later, which should have caught everything (one can only hope). That's the model for future work - create the HTML document, validate, and then add RDF. Also, running Dave Ragget's "tidy" tool on it only generates errors for the RDF  - the rest passes. As a test I generated a couple of intentional errors that "tidy" caught, so I'm assuming the inclusion of RDF isn't masking any problems.

If someone can point me towards an HTML+RDF DTD, I'd be happy to give it a try. Creating one is beyond my current abilities. I could probably learn, but there's too much on my plate right now to justify taking that kind of time. Maybe in a few months ... but unfortunately, probably not.

>>> Chris Maden <crism@oreilly.com> 08/04 11:50 AM >>>

In that case, you should find or make a DTD that is HTML+RDF and
validate your documents against it.  Validation can find a number of
trivial errors which may be undetectable by casually looking at a page
but may result in missing content or other odd behavior.

-Chris