RE: Two UK Accessibility Articles

From: Wayne Myers-Education <wayne.myers@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:51:36 +0100
To: "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> As I wrote to Tamsin, it failed to mention LD, and the byline
>  "The internet
> finally seems to be fulfilling its promise for the disabled"
> is optimistic
> to say the least. More like head in the sand.

I am oddly reminded of an old story as follows:

An old woman was walking by the sea with her grandson. Suddenly, without
warning, a huge wave engulfed the child and swept him out to sea. The woman
was in some shock, as you can imagine, but she kept calm and immediately
began praying.

'Lord, Lord,' she prayed, 'I beg you, save the life of my grandson. Bring
him back to me, Lord.'

And she knelt there praying for some time.

After a while, another huge wave came and deposited the boy, coughing and
spluttering, but otherwise unharmed, back on the beach before her.

'Lord, Lord,' prayed the woman. 'He had a hat...'

:)

Wayne