Re: About Priority 2.1 and 2.2

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:06:10 +0300 (Israel Daylight Time)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Quoting a quote of Kynn Bartlett:
At 08:42 PM 7/21/1999 , Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Priority 2.1 states "Ensure that all information conveyed with color is
also
>available without color, for example from context or markup."
>If I use a stylesheet to set "text-decoration: none" for links, does this
>violate Priority 2.1?

In my view, no.

The guideline refers to using color without a semantic markup.
Ie., using <span style="color:red"> instead of <strong>

In case of links, you do use a semantic markup, the <a> tag, so the
information is conveyed properly with semantic markup.

regards,
Nir Dagan

http://www.nirdagan.com
mailto:nir@nirdagan.com
tel:+972-2-588-3143

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein