Re: Bank Technology News International Article on Accessibility

Hello Brian

You can  find information of Bradesco Net - Internet Banking for
the Visually Impaired at
http://www.acessibilidade.net/IID/boletim990710_en.html

VIRTUAL VISION MAKES ACCESSIBLE INTERNET BANKING FOR VISUAL IMPAIRED
By Francisco Antonio Soeltl
President, MicroPower, Brazil
The Brazilian company MicroPower has developed the software Virtual Vision
(VV) is a screen-reader that is inside of Bradesco Net - Internet Banking
for
the Visually Impaired. Bradesco is one of the largest banks of Brazil. The
product, that currently works for Windows 98 and Office 97, offers good
access through internet with IE 3.02. Tests of IE5 are being finalized and
soon, it will be launched the version 2.0.

This product was indicated by Microsoft for the Smithsonian Award, and it
was
mentioned by Bill Gates in his last book. The MicroPower team was recently
in
Seattle, presenting Virtual Vision for Steve Ballmer, current president of
Microsoft. Also recent it was the visit of the Managers of Bradesco Bank to
Washington DC, to present the details of the product for the Smithsonian
Institute.

The development team of Virtual Vision is working directly with the Director
of Accessibility of Microsoft to solve the problems that eventually appear
and to implement the solutions.

Virtual Vision uses the first synthesizer of high quality in Portuguese
language, called DeltaTalk, also developed by MicroPower. It is adapted for
the Brazilian and Portuguese keyboards. The product can be acquired in
Portugal through its representative in Lisbon, Mr. Rui Fontes, Email:
fontes@ip.pt .

For more information in Brazil, send your email for
micropower@micropower.com.br , C/O- Mr. Mauricio. Communications available
also in Spanish and English.

[end of the article]

There is other article "Microsoft Technology Aids Brazil's Visually
Impaired"
at Microsoft/enable website:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/news/brazil0299.htm

Regards
Francisco Godinho
PASIG - Portuguese Accessibility Special Interest Group
http://www.acessibilidade.net/index_eng.html