Re: Fw: Checkpoint 3.3

hey dave,

normally one specification is the correct and final authority.  any other
supporting documents must be written to the master guideline.  For example,
if you have a contract that has a table.  The table is there to provide a
better understanding;however it was written to the text.  Therefore, in
contracts, never base your decision on the table, make sure it matched the
text.

The master document must be correct, and since the guidelines are the W3C
Recommendation, they must be sound and correct.  You cannot build supporting
documents that conflict with the recommendation.

As for applying some intelligence to solve problems, i am all for that,
except when those guidelines may be recommended verbatim by the ACCESS Board
and then enforced by the United States Government or any government for that
matter.  If they are enforceable, then they better be right along with the
supporting documents or else the WAI will look real foolish when the web
developers start asking the same questions we have been asking!  Think of us
as the test case scenario!

Until there is a rating board or trained people, we rate ourselves, which is
like letting the fox guard the henhouse.  We will interpret these the way we
want until we have a tight guideline.

rob