Re: ASP is not accessible?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:25:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: massey@masseynet.com (Nancy Massey)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Nancy wrote:
> At the recent Web99 conference in San Francisco in one of the design
> workshops the speaker said that ASP is considered inaccessible by WAI. I
> can't image why ASP specifically would be considered inaccessible and I
> can't find anything addressing the issue on the w3.org site.

Whoever said this was wrong.  ASP is a server-level technology that
produces web pages (HTML).  There is nothing about that which would
prevent the proper creation of accessible HTML.

This statement was really like saying "Perl is inaccessible" -- Perl,
when used for web applications, simply creates HTML as well.

Any technology that produces HTML is accessibility-neutral for the
most part; you have to look at the HTML output and judge from that.

--Kynn