read please voicing text on the web and...

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:53:59 -0400
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
A new to me free utility for speaking text is Please Read to be found
at:
http://www.readplease.com/

It has marvelous controls and mousables.  It should help non readers
and others who want to lesen eye strain and or see and hear better
what is on the screen in the form of text.  It can even be made to
autmatically open in your browser of choice depending on how the pages
are coded.  I'm not advocating that everyone rush out and code their
pages so that it is triggered, but it is yet another weapon in the
arsenal against limits to access.
Thanks!
--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s