Re: Re[2]: FW: Accessibility of ATW

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 18:43:29 -0700
To: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 06:14 PM 7/7/1999 , Jason White wrote:
>Perhaps the central issue raised by this discussion is whether the web
>site in question has satisfied checkpoint 14.2, which is a priority 3 item
>requiring text to be supplemented by graphic and/or auditory presentations
>where these facilitate comprehension.

How can you ever tell?  It's very subjective, I think.

I am beginning to think that no site will ever attain a Triple
AAA ratings; you will always be able to find some fault or say
that they haven't "done enough."  Double AA ratings look far
enough away already.

I suspect the best that the HTML Writers Guild's web site will
be able to hope for is a Single-A; the AWARE Center might be
able to wrangle a Double-AA if I can find the time to sift
through the requirements.