Re: Internet World article

From: BART Webmaster <webmaster@bart.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:48:11 -0800
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
CC: Robert Neff <rneff@moon.jic.com>, IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I believe you are referring to a complaint filed with the Federal
Transit Administration
against another SF Bay Area transit agency.  The Bay Area Rapid Transit
District (BART) website was not involved in this complaint.

Kynn Bartlett wrote:
> Interesting.  This is the first article I've read that seems to
> be openly critical/dubious of the WAI guidelines.  I wonder why
> they seemed to concentrate on that specific issue, mentioning
> it a few times.
> Is BART the bay area transit agency that got slapped with an ADA
> lawsuit last year for their website?  I find it somewhat unusual
> (and possibly quite "telling") if this is the case and it was not
> mentioned at all in the article.
> I'm glad to see coverage of the issues, though, even if I'm
> somewhat suspect of the particular slant.
> --
> Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
> President, Governing Board Member
> HTML Writers Guild <URL:http://www.hwg.org>

Timothy Moore, Website Manager
San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART)
800 Madison Street, LMA-4
Oakland, CA  94607

voice:  (510) 464-7128
fax:    (510) 464-7175