A Note on Option Lists and F4

From: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:20:32 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Group:

A couple weeks ago we had some discussion on keyboard methods of dealing
with option lists.  Someone had mentioned that F4 might be a way to open
the lists from the keyboard.  I have always used alt-down arrow to do this
so never tried it in Internet Explorer.  I did want to mention that I
noticed in IE 5 under the keyboard shortcuts section of the help, F4 is
listed as the key to jump directly to the Address bar.  I don't know if
this was the case in previous versions but it clearly won't open the option
list in IE 5.

Kelly