Legal leg to stand on?

From: Chaiken, Jessica <JChaiken@kra.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:40:21 -0500
To: "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi! Here is my problem:

Our center's pages use Inmagic's DBTextworks WebPublisher for our 5
databases. We had been using 2.0 and upgraded to 3.0. Between the 2
versions, Inmagic has done a lot to improve the product: spell checking in
records, choice in set up, etc. However, their new version makes extensive
use of Javascript to add important information (including <form> info).
Visitors who are not JS-compatible (for whatever reason) cannot get full
access to our information.

I was able to put in some information using the <noscript> tag, but some of
the JS stuff comes from the report format without designer intervention.

Here is my question: Inmagic's response to "what about backwards
compatibility?" was "use the old version." Can I say to them "You're
violating Title II of the ADA so shape up or else"? Is there legal
precedence for this? (Inmagic is a US company) Where do I find this info?

OK, so there were several questions in there. My apologies.

Thanks in advance!

---Jess Chaiken