[Fwd: [webwatch] Colour blindness and web design]

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:51:59 -0500
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
anyone want to take a stab at this?
--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet:
mailto:poehlman@clark.net
ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman
http://poehlman.clark.net
Dynamic Solutions Inc.
Best of service
for your small business
network needs!
http://www.dnsolutions.com

---sig off---

attached mail follows:

In my capacity as Web Accessibility Auditor, a client has asked me to
prepare a 10-page report proposing a web design colour scheme readable
by people who are colour blind.  The report is to include:
 a section describing the 5 or 6 colour schemes for several home pages,
within a page layout to be provided by the client.  "Colour scheme"
includes the colours of the banner, navigation buttons, left sidebar
background, text and links.
 a section explaining how and why the standard was chosen.  This
rationale must be based on research, and derived from a method or an
authoritative, credible source.  The suitability of the colour schemes
for people who are colour blind must be based on more than subjective
opinion.

I have come up with five colour schemes and welcome your comments.  They
can be found at http://www.eaglecom.bc.ca/qp_project/colours.htm .  Any
other info is also welcomed.

Thanks kindly,
Glenda