Re: What is Recommended Practice for "Option Lists"?

From: Alan Cantor <acantor@oise.utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:01:13 -0500 (EST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Patrick,

In Windows, the intuitive, easy-to-remember, universally-known hot key to
drop a combo box list is F4. It seems unlikely that this key will work in
the context you describe, but I seem to recall -- and my memory may be
playing tricks on me -- that I have used the F4 keyboard shortcut when
browsing with IE or Netscape. It's worth a try.

> Is there an agreed fix or method for coding what I will call Option Lists?
> Apparently they are meant to pop up (or pull down?) a list of selectable links
> when an item is clicked.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor + Associates