Re: Pentium III-only sites coming

Lovey@aol.com <Lovey@aol.com> wrote:

[snip]
>...the common goal is to usher owners of a Pentium III into special pages
>where content such as streaming media, 3D interfaces and animation have
been
>peak-tuned to suit Intel's latest powerhouse processor.

I don't understand the value of this. How can content be "peak-tuned to suit
Intel's latest powerhouse processor" unless they also supply every Pentium
III user with a T3 (or similar) link to the Internet? Isn't the type of
computer actually the least important factor in how a web page is viewed?

Is it just me, or does everybody else also think this is stupid?

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david@heroes.force9.co.uk

"If you are worried that your children are going to read
 low-quality information, teach them. Teach them what to read.
 Teach them how to judge information."   -- Tim Berners-Lee