[Fwd: [webwatch] Anyone Working with WebCT]

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:34:11 -0800
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
There was some stuff about developing standards for distance learning
systems on the list a while back and I wonder if anyone in that general
area is aware of the stuff Kelly references herein:
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE

attached mail follows:

Hi All,

WebCT is a software program designed to create online courses used in
distance education.  The company's home page for the software is at:

http://homebrew.cs.ubc.ca/webct/webct.html

I have only explored the results that the program creates for perhaps 30
minutes so take that into consideration.  The program seems to create a lot
of Javascript links and such that lack alt-tags and end up creating very
confusing URLs.  However several colleges that I know of here in Oregon
have adopted the technology to do their distance education.

I'm wondering if anyone is already working with the WebCT folks to address
the use of this software by people with disabilities.  In browsing through
their home page I haven't found any accessibility info.

Kelly