Petition for the Accessibility of the Portuguese Internet

Hello Judy,

Tomorrow, February 17, PASIG (Portuguese Accessibility Special Interest
Group) will submit to the Portuguese Parliament the Petition for the
Accessibility of the Portuguese Internet.

The web accessibility discussion will be now at the Portuguese Parliament.

During 60 days (from 1998/12/03 to 1999/01/31) we collected 8,721 individual
signatures (we needed 4,000 to submit the Petition) and the support of 149
organizations.  During this period more than 800 web sites have been linked
to our homepage.

We believe (hope) that by June 1999, Web Accessibility could be law in
Portugal.

Could you update Portuguese Information in the "Policies Related to Web
Accessibility " ?

Thanks in advance
Francisco Godinho and Ricardo Silva
Coordinators of the Petition for the Accessibility of the Portuguese
Internet
http://www.acessibilidade.net/index_eng.html